It’s my 50th post so I thought I’d celebrate by telling you a little more about myself. Most of my readers (that I know about) either know or knew me and you may know some of these things. My sisters, four of my most faithful readers, already know a lot of these things but I’m gonna do my best to surprise even them.
1. I eat a bowl of brownies and ice cream every night (that I’m not at work).
2. Ten years later I’d still rather hang out with Sean than anyone.
3. I can list (or sing if you’d rather) all 50 states. In alphabetical order.
4. I slather sunscreen on my kids more because I don’t want to deal with sunburned kids than for any other reason.
5.I never put sunscreen on myself.
6. I only wash my hair once a week.
7. 18 months is my favorite age.
8. If I had my life to do over again I’d be nicer to Marko.
9. That’s not the only change I’d make.
10. I can’t stand, hate and abhor the phrase “we’re pregnant”. I have been pregnant 4 times, Sean has never been pregnant.
11. I hate coconut.
12. And banana.
13. If my friends at work described me to Sean, he wouldn’t recognize who they were talking about.
14. From the age of 12 to 18 I got up at 4:30 every morning to deliver newspapers.
15. I can’t believe my parents were willing to go that far to instill in me (and my siblings) a strong work ethic.
16. I’m afraid that I’m not willing to go that far to do the same for my kids.
17. My first kiss was with Sam Vasquez in the seventh grade.
18. The pinky toe on my left foot bends off at a right angle.
19. I used to sing so that someone would hear me and pay me a compliment.
20. Now I sing because I don’t see why I shouldn’t.
21. Most of the time I prefer savory to sweet.
22. I’ve never gone in to check that my children were sill breathing.
23. I have no patience for incompetence or blatant inefficiency.
24. I do not think well on my feet.
25. I do work well under pressure.
26. I’m not convinced there’s anything I can’t do.
27. When I’m annoyed I get loud.
28. When I’m mad I get quiet.
29. I watch Notting Hill an average of 4 times a year.
30. All of my favorite people are related to me.
31. I have Horton Hatches the Egg memorized.
32. I write my father’s name in every time I vote for president.
33. Blood and guts do not bother me but I have trouble with snot.
34. In the first year I had a driver’s license I ran out of gas 10 times.
35. I would make a very poor stay at home mom.
36. My mother is proud of me.
37. I hate feet.
38. I would really love an excuse to wear my prom dress again.
39. I could wear my prom dress again.
40. If it wouldn’t set such a bad example for my kids I’d probably have cheese chips and salsa for lunch every day.
41. I can get myself and four kids up, fed, dressed and to church in 45 minutes.
42. We’re late for church every Sunday that Sean’s home.
43. Country music makes me cry.
44. There’s always a small part of me that’s jealous when someone I know gives birth.
45. I believe myself to be completely ordinary. I’m just more honest about myself than most.
46. I worry a lot less than I used to, Sean has mellowed me out.
47. I still worry a lot.
48. I anthropomorphize everything.
49. I wake up in the morning with songs I haven’t heard for years stuck in my head.
50. This was hard for me.